Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Recap

Mondays… need I say more. I vote for a four day work week, three day weekend. My weekend was good, but short. Did P90x on Friday, back and legs. We had the hardest time getting it together, I pretty much half-assed the work out. Made some amazing chili for dinner, I’ll have to put up a pic. It’s a such a pretty dish. (recipe below). After that watched TV and went to bed. WOW you wouldn’t think I was 26, huh? More like 76. The weekdays really knock it out of me. I by no means have a physical job. In fact I sit on a yoga ball because my entire day is sitting, 8 hours. The yoga ball was a major improvement . The first week of using it my stomach was soo sore, you keep your balance with your core, and my back would hurt a little at the end of the day. I’ve been using it for about 5 months now and couldn’t go back to a real chair if I tried. I have a tendency to bounce through phone calls and emails, makes the day go much much faster, and they . I did some research there are a ton of benefits to sitting a ball and not a normal chair. Check this out “Ten Reasons To Use an Exercise Ball As your Chair” (I’m a big fan of #8). If you decide to take the plunge and buy one get one that’s a good quality. I had the privilege of having on burst right under me, not fun! Right now I’m using 75 cm from GoFit.net

Well back to weekend, Saturday woke up fairly early and went for a run. Ran 4 miles which isn’t anything amazing but I did concur this hill that has been my worst enemy since I moved into my new neighborhood.. It’s so steep and it is on my way home so when I get to it I’m usually far too tired to try and make it up it, so I chicken out and walk it… but not on Saturday. I plowed right up it! Amazing feeling, there was another who was right in front and they made half way up and walked, I passed them running! I was so excited you would of thought I won a million dollars that morning. Goals that you can actually achieve are great and even better when you achieve them. So brag away if you have any little achievements the world should know about!

Chili Recipe:

2 15oz. cans of Red Kidney beans
2 15oz. cans of Black Beans
2 Red Peppers
2 Green Peppers
1 large Onion
2 Green squash
3 cans of tomato sauce
1 can stewed tomatoes
2 cans diced tomatoes
Crushed red pepper
Garlic powder
1lb. Ground Lean Turkey
Chili powder
1 can of sweet corn

Put all can goods into a large pot and let simmer on medium heat, add garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and chili powder to taste.(I'm very heavy handed at this)
Chop all your veggies into bite size portions, and place into a wok (or frying pan) with a little olive oil and roast until tender.
Brown and drain your turkey in a separate pan.
Add veggies and turkey to the large pot with all your can goods and let sit on medium heat for at least an hour. (the longer the better)
This makes about 10-12 servings, it freezes really well. Just place them in baggies and you'll have a quick meal for anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment